The Viewer has three primary viewing modes:
- Multi View (default)
- Proof Margin
These three modes are accessed from the View menu or by toggling the view mode buttons located in the top-left corner of the Viewer.
Switching between a single image and multiple images
The Multi View mode enables up to 12 images to be simultaneously displayed in the Viewer. The displayed images are selected from the thumbnails in the Browser. However, when you want to switch to view just the primary variant (i.e, the currently selected image with the thick border) in the Viewer, you simply select the Primary View mode. It means that there is no need to deselect all the images in the Browser just to reselect one. When only one image is selected in the Browser, only one image will be displayed in the Viewer regardless of the mode set. Therefore, for most types of workflow in Capture One, the Multi View mode option can be left selected.
- In the Vizualizza menu, select Personalizza Visore -> Modalità Vista Multipla or go to the Viewer's toolbar and click the icon. When the Vista Multipla mode is enabled, that icon gets orange-colored. That way, up to 12 images can be displayed simultaneously in the Viewer, provided they're selected in the Browser. When more than 12 are selected, only 11 will be displayed in the Viewer.
- To display the primary variant from a group selected in the Browser, click on the icon to disable it. That way, the icon changes to a silver-gray color and the Vista Primaria mode is enabled, meaning that a single image (i.e., the primary variant) will be displayed.
- To choose another image from the group, select it in the Browser.
Selecting and viewing multiple images
To display more than one image at a time in the Viewer, ensure the Multi View option () icon is selected. For most workflows, the Multi View option can be selected in the top-left corner. Up to 12 images can be displayed at a time.
- There are a number of ways to select multiple thumbnails:
- Click on a single thumbnail, press the Shift key, then click on another thumbnail. All the thumbnails in between will also be selected.
- Click on a single thumbnail, press Cmd on macOS or Ctrl on Windows and click on another thumbnail. Only the selected thumbnails will be displayed in the Viewer.
- Go to Select -> Select All to select all the thumbnails in the Browser. Alternatively, press Cmd-A on macOS or Ctrl+A on Windows.
- To deselect the active thumbnails, simply click between them in the Browser. Alternatively, go to Seleziona -> Deleselziona Tutto or press Shift-Cmd-A on macOS or Ctrl+Shift+A on Windows.
When you have more than one image in the Viewer, you can zoom all images simultaneously by holding down the Shift key and dragging the zoom slider (in the top-right corner of the Viewer) or by scrolling the mouse wheel.
Selecting Proof Margin
The Prova Margine mode enables users to toggle between two different Viewer margin settings. The margin is the distance between the edge of your image and the frame of the Viewer. The Proof Margin option can be used to adjust the distance between multiple images in conjunction with the Multi View mode. When a single image is displayed, it can be used to view a single image with a print margin. This is especially useful when the Viewer has a white background. These settings are altered from the Preferences window.
- In the main menu, navigate to Capture One -> Preferenze... on macOS or Modifica -> Preferenze... on Windows. The Preferenze window will appear.
- Go to the Aspetto tab and adjust the Prova Margine slider from 3px (default) up to 40px in the Viewer section, while observing the effect in the Viewer.
- The Prova Margine can also be adjusted using the slider from 0 to 100 pixels (the default is 25px). Note that Prova Margine must be enabled first (i.e., the frame icon is orange).
- To view an image with a white background, return to the Visore panel in the Aspetto tab and select Bianco in the Colore dropdown menu. Alternatively, select any other color from the drop-down list per your choice.