As both the memory card and its internal naming system are bypassed when working tethered, captured files are named on import by the Denominazione Acquisizione Successiva tool. The default naming format adopts the Session or Catalog name along with a four-digit frame counter. However, you can change this at any time thereafter, using text or tokens or a combination of the two. Note that amending the name in the Name field does not rename the document.
When you have organized your Session or Catalog with a series of capture folders by adopting the Destination Folder Name token you can automatically append images with that folder name as they come into Capture One. When changing the capture folder, the token will automatically update all further images with the new name. Similarly, if you are using Favorites in Sessions or Capture Collections in Catalogs, you can adopt the Collection Name token instead.
When only the original file name is required from the camera, replace the tokens in the Format field with only the Original Filename token instead. Note that the selected Format and Name entries are saved when saving a Session or a Catalog as a Template.
- Go to the Denominazione Acquisizione Successiva tool in the Acquisizione tool tab.
- In the Nome text field, the Session (or Catalog) name adopted can be altered simply by typing a new name. For this text to be applied as the file name, the Nome token must be used in the Formato field.
- When other naming options are to be used, click on the (…) icon next to the Formato text field to reveal the Formato nomina dialog.
- Select one of the presets or create a new naming format by dragging tokens and by adding custom text to the Formato text field. Note that some tokens have additional format options, click on the disclosure triangle to the right of the token to access and select the alternative configuration.
- Verify the resultant name and format in the Esempio field below the Formato text field. This format will be used in naming subsequent files.
- Click OK to accept the changes.