When you want to add an adjustment to a small section of the image, you can create a New Filled Layer and then use the Erase (E) to brush the mask or adjustment away from the area you want to exclude. To see the effect on a directly applied adjustment on-screen, select the relevant adjustment and Never Display Mask (M) from the Mask Selection menu before brushing away. The edge detection feature of the Auto Mask can be a useful option to include when using the Erase brush.
- From either the Livelli tool or the Viewer’s toolbar, long-press the Nuovo Livello button, the (+) icon, and select Nuovo Livello di Regolazione di Riempimento from the menu. The Livello is automatically created with a mask covering the whole image.
- From the Livelli tool's foot bar, select Cancella Maschera (E), if not already selected.
- Open the Impostazioni Visibilità Maschera settings by clicking on the appropriate icon in the Livelli tool foot bar and select Visualizza sempre la Maschera or Mostra la Maschera solo Quando DIsegno.
- Modify the erase brush parameters before editing the mask. To open the Brush Settings dialog window, either click on the Impostazioni Cursore icon in the Livelli tool or Ctrl/right-click in the Viewer after selecting the Cancella Maschera brush.
- Select an adjustment tool and set the parameter as required. For example, add a +0.6 EV exposure adjustment.
- Brush away the mask or adjustment. The image is updated in the Viewer with the modification.
- To brush back the areas of the mask or adjustment, select the Disegna Maschera (B) option from the Livelli tool. Modify the Impostazioni Pennello as necessary and carefully brush in parts of the mask to tidy up.
- For a quick "prima e dopo" view of the applied adjustment, toggle the orange check-mark adjacent to the relevant layer in the Livelli tool.