The Size slider naturally adjusts the size of the brush stroke. The default setting for Size is 100 (Mac) and 50 (Windows). The Durezza slider controls the feathering of the brush edge - the amount is displayed on-screen between the size of the outer and inner rings of the brush or the eraser cursor. The default setting for Durezza is 50 (Mac) and 80 (Windows). Drag the slider to the left (towards 0) to increase feathering or to the right to decrease the effect. When a hard edge is required without any feathering, select a value of 100 (%). This is the maximum hardness that can be applied.
You can switch quickly between the Disegna Maschera and Cancella Maschera tools by using the keyboard shortcuts B and E respectively. The Disegna Maschera and Cancella Maschera settings may be linked and synchronized so that one stroke erases the other using the same Dimensione and Durezza values.
- Select the Penello by clicking on the Disegna Maschera icon in the Livelli tool or from the Cursori toolbar.
- Click on the Impostazioni Pennello icon in the Livelli tool or press Ctrl/Right-click anywhere in the Viewer for quick access. The Impostazioni Pennello panel opens.
- To adjust the size and feathering (hardness) of the brush adjust the two sliders;
- Demensione - Drag the slider to the right to increase while viewing the effect on the Brush/Eraser cursor in the Viewer. Alternatively, press [ or ] keys to decrease or increase the brush size respectively, or enter text directly in the value box, or select and use the arrow keys or Shift-arrow keys to values by fixed values.
- Durezza - Drag the slider to the right to increase hardness while viewing the effect on the Disegna Maschera/Cancella Maschera cursor in the Viewer. Alternatively, press Shift+[ or Shift+] keys to decrease or increase respectively.