The Maschera Clonazione lets you repair an area in an image by covering it with pixels from another part of the same image. Besides repair, it can also be used to duplicate objects should the need arise. Although Capture One selects a sample area, when replacing a target area with cloned data, it is expected that in the majority of cases, the manual selection of the sampled area or source point is required. Setting a low hardness value for the brush prior to application lowers the blending opacity of the selection or target area and is useful when merging cloned pixels at the edges in areas that are moderate to highly regular, such as skin or expanses of blue skies.
- Go to the Livelli tool, long-press on the Nuovo Livello button, the (+) icon, in the foot-bar and select the Nuovo Livello Clone option from the menu. A new Livello Clone can be automatically created when you start using the Disegna Maschera Clonazione (keyboard shortcut S).
- From the foot bar in the Livelli tool, select the Disegna Maschera Clonazione or use the shortcut S.
- Modify the brush parameters, as required. This can be done either by right-clicking in the Viewer or by clicking on the Clona Impostazioni Pennello icon in the foot-bar of the Livelli tool.
- You need to set the source point yourself before you can start cloning. This is done by holding down Option/Alt and clicking on your source.
- Then zoom in to 100% and either brush on the area to be repaired. Capture One selects a sample area and replaces the target area with the sampled pixels.
- If you want to change the source point, click on it (when selected, it becomes orange) and drag it while observing the effect on the target area. The source point can be moved anywhere within the same image in the Viewer. The target area will be updated immediately.
- To create a new clone area, hold down Option/Alt and click on the sample area. There is no limitation to how many cloned areas you can make on the same Livello Clone.
- Extending an existing mask that already has a source point with an arrow can be done by selecting the arrow by clicking its source point. It will become orange to indicate that it is selected. Masking while a source point is selected will use that source point, making it possible to extend areas as you wish. Remember to click the source point again to deselect it. The target heal area is updated and immediately repaired.
- To delete a source point, select it first and then click Delete.
NOTE: The Machera Clone does not work with offline images.