In addition to adding your own text, Capture One allows you to use tokens when creating a watermark on images. This option greatly simplifies the task of adding a high-quality text-based watermark to images during processing. Tokens leverage Capture One’s access to EXIF data as well as Catalog and Session naming paths for naming watermarks and can be used to dynamically vary the text.
For example, when the photographer’s name has been added to the Creator field in the IPTC - Contact section, choosing the Creator token will automatically add that name to the watermark, saving you from typing the name in yourself. Furthermore, if there are images from multiple photographers in the selection, Capture One will dynamically change the watermark according to the name (in the IPTC Creator field). If the selected token refers to a field that is currently empty, the warning Empty Name will be displayed in place of the watermark.
- Go to the Output tool tab.
- Choose the Filigrana tab in the Formula di Elaborazione tool.
- Select Testo from the Ti[p drop-down menu and choose from the following:
- Enter the text required for the watermark in the Testo field, or ...
- Click on the adjacent (…) icon to open the Token Filigrana dialog box. Select a token or collection of tokens from the list displayed, from the Group or Presets drop-down menus, or add a combination of text and tokens, and press OK.
The watermark will be visible on the image in the Viewer.
- Click on the (...) icon next to the Font field to adjust the font and color of the text.
- Adjust Opacità and Scala sliders to the desired level.
- Adjust the placement of the watermark using the Orizzontale and Verticale sliders or by clicking on the hand cursor tool (H) (hand icon).
- Once the watermark is created, it will be saved as part of the recipe highlighted in the Formule di Elaborazione tool, so it can be reused whenever it is required. Alternatively, save it as a new recipe. Multiple sizes may be necessary depending on the output image dimensions.