I have noticed that tethering / live view does properly work with Sony A7R IV / A9 II camera model. What can be done about this?
Sony A7R IV is supported starting from Capture One 12.1.2 in Pro, (for Sony), and Enterprise product variants.
Sony A9II is supported starting from Capture One 12.1.4 in Pro, (for Sony), and Enterprise product variants.
In case tethering or live view is not working properly when connecting a camera and using Capture One, follow the steps below:
- Update your camera firmware to the newest version. Tethering works with the USB 3 cable and the USB-C connector on the camera. If you update the firmware of Sony A7R IV / A9 II to the newest version, the live view will work with USB 3.
- Make sure that the PC Remote function on the camera is enabled. Please refer to your camera's manual.
- If you are running Windows 10, you should navigate to 'Device Manager' and delete the driver called 'libusbk' and then scan for new hardware from within Device Manager
- You should also consider uninstalling Imaging Edge (Sony's tethering software) as this can cause conflicts with Capture One's tethering.
- If you are you using Google Drive by any chance, there are instances when Google Drive background service conflicts with Capture One and kills tethering.
If the suggestions above have not resolved your tethering or live view issues, consider checking the following articles as well:
Hot Folder option in Capture One (in case your camera is not recognized or supported by Capture One, but you can use the camera's proprietary software for shooting tethered)