You can search for images by their orientation, providing that adjustment was made previously (i.e., either in-camera at the time of capturing or in Capture One).
Besides the expected portrait and landscape orientations, search criteria also include square (1x1) images. Note that the filter considers any cropping applied in Capture One. Therefore, if a landscape-type crop is made of a portrait-oriented image, it will be classed as a landscape-oriented image for the purpose of the search.
The Orientation filter option is available from the Filters tool and from the Advanced Search dialog.
- In the Library tool, select a Collection or Group of images for making a search in. When searching an entire Catalog, select All Images under Catalog Collections.
- Go to the Filters tool and click on the action menu button (…) in the title bar. The action menu opens.
- Select Show/Hide Filters from the list. The Show/Hide Metadata Filters dialog opens.
- Select Orientation from the list by adding a checkmark to the box.
- The Orientation folder is added to the Filters tool along with up to three radio buttons (Landscape, Portrait, and Square), depending on the type found within the selected Collection.
- Click on the button to apply the search criteria. All images that match the criteria will be displayed in the browser.