When you filter an image collection using the Advanced Search dialog, the result can be saved as either a Smart Album or Album. Search results can also be saved as a Search Preset. An image collection can be searched by a wide range of criteria, such as color tag and rating, date, display name, keyword, file format, and both IPTC and EXIF information or any combination of those filters.
Create a Smart Album based on the search criteria
When you create a Smart Album based on the search criteria, any new images that match that criteria will be automatically added to the Smart Album.
- In the Library tool, select a Collection or Group of images. When searching an entire Catalog, select All Images under Catalog Collections.
- Go to the Filters tool or Browser toolbar and click the action menu button (…) on the right side of the Search field (this icon is highlighted in orange when active). The Advanced Search dialog box will open.
- Add or remove custom fields by clicking on the +/- icon. Choose criteria from the drop-down menus.
- Any customized filter or filter group can be saved as a Smart Album or Album by clicking on the Create Smart Album or Create Album with Current Images options at the bottom of the dialog.
Create a Search Preset based on the search criteria
When you create a Search Preset, the images matching the chosen criteria will be shown in the Browser. You can save a Search Preset to use it later when required.
1. Go through the Steps 1-3 from the section "Create a Smart Album based on the search criteria" above.
2. Go to the Presets... dropdown menu in the Advanced Search window and click Save Search Preset...
3. The next time you want to use your custom search preset, go to the Filters tool and click on the loupe. Then choose your preset in the dropdown menu.
4. To reset search criteria, click on the "cancel" sign in the search field.
<< Search by orientation | Adopting tokens in naming dialogs >>
Please sign in to leave a comment.