Multiple image files can be singled out from large batches and renamed using the Find and Replace option. This option can be used very effectively to rename a part of the file name.
- Select a group of images in the Browser that you want to search within.
- Choose Image -> Batch Rename Images… or right-click and select Batch Rename… to open the Batch Renaming tool.
- In the Method field, select the Find and Replace option from the drop-down menu.
- From the Find text box, type the file name to be searched for and then rename the file in the Replace text box.
- Be sure to verify the proposed renaming format in the Sample field.
- Click the Rename button to accept the changes and start the renaming.