Individual images can be re-rendered using an earlier engine quite simply from within a Catalog or Session.
Note that this option is not intended as a method of restoring images that have been rendered using a newer engine to a previously adjusted state. Upgrading permanently modifies any adjustments made.
In contrast, this option simply applies the default settings of the legacy engine to the selected variants. Any adjustments made will have to be re-applied from memory.
- Go to the main menu, choose Capture One/Edit -> Preferences (macOS/Windows). The Preferences dialog window opens.
- Click on the Image tab.
- From the Editing panel, go to the Default Process Engine fly-out menu and select the earlier version as required. Several legacy versions are supported.
- Select the image in the browser, choose Image -> New Variant or press Сtrl/right-click and choose New variant or use the shortcut F2/F7 (macOS/Windows). The image will be re-rendered with the legacy engine.
- Apply adjustments as before and process them to output or export if necessary.
- Remember to switch back to the latest engine to adopt the latest advances in image processing and the new tools. Otherwise, any newly imported images will be rendered with the legacy engine and will have to be upgraded.