Capture One can display color readouts simultaneously on multiple images. This is ideal when comparing two variants of the same image that differ only by their color. If you have more than two variants of the same image, the Compare Variant feature is a useful way of comparing one reference image with the group, one image at a time.
- Select an image from the Browser.
- Ensure the image is in the appropriate color space selected either in the Profile Recipe or from the main menu View -> Proof Profile -> Output profiles -> [profile].
- Verify or select the appropriate readout type. In the main menu, navigate to View -> Lab Readout -> Off (i.e., RGB/CMYK) or select the appropriate Lab implementation from the list.
- Go the cursor toolbar and choose the Add Color Readout cursor from the Color Cursor group.
- Click on the image in the Viewer to select and anchor the readouts.
- In the main menu, select Image -> Set as Compare Variant.
- Ensure that the Viewer is in Multi-View mode. The subsequent image in the Browser session will be displayed alongside.
- Use Up/Down arrow keyboard shortcuts to navigate the Browser session as appropriate.
Please sign in to leave a comment.