Select the color range for adjustment using either the Color Picker tool or by clicking on the range. Note that you can select color ranges available from the patches and adjust them with sliders. If you need to change the ranges, access the color wheel from the Action menu, the (…) icon. Any changes made to the ranges of the spectrum will be reflected in the color patches. The gradients of the sliders indicate the effect of each slider respectively.
- Go to the Color tool tab.
- Choose the Basic tab in the Color Editor tool. Note that the Basic Color Editor also works on Layers.
- Click on the Color Picker and select a color from the image in the Viewer that needs to be corrected. The picked color will be highlighted among the eight patches.
- To view only the selected color range, click on the Action menu, the (...) icon, and put a checkmark on the View Selected Color Range option to isolate the selected color range by automatically desaturating all other colors in the Viewer.
- The color wheel active selection is adjustable. Click and drag the two handles (located on the outer edge of the color slice) to narrow or widen the color range. Any changes to the color ranges will be reflected on the patches and the gradients on the sliders as well.
- Adjust the Smoothness slider as desired. The Smoothness setting is global for all ranges. The range of shading extending beyond the active perimeter of the selection denotes how smooth the transition between colors will be. The wider the range is, the smoother the transition is.
- Adjust the Hue (color), Saturation, and Lightness sliders as desired. The color(s) will be adjusted instantly in the Viewer.
Alternatively, adjust sliders with the Direct Color Editor by using the shortcut D or clicking on the corresponding icon directly in the tool. The Direct Color Editor allows clicking and dragging anywhere on the image to observe the changes of the corresponding slider depending on the dragging direction. To change the dragging direction associated with each slider, access the Direct Color Editor settings directly in the Basic tab or right-click on the image in the Viewer when the Direct Color Editor is active.