1. Attach the iXG camera and activate live view by clicking on the Live View button in the Camera tool.
2. Select the desired Target unit from the drop-down menu, choosing either Resolution (PPI), Field of View (image dimension), Distance or Magnification.
3. Enter the Target value in the field and click on the button next to it to apply the value. The lens on the iXG camera will now move to match the desired resolution in principle and the tool will report that the lens is “At the target”. Note that in order to calculate the actual resolution at the current position, the camera needs to autofocus on the target first, which will happen in the following step.
4. Click on AF in the Camera Focus tool to let the iXG camera autofocus on the target. Note that during the autofocus sequence, the resolution and distance values will change.
5. Once the focus has been achieved, the Camera Focus tool will indicate how far the camera has to move on the copy stand to reach the desired target resolution.
6. Use either the Copy Stand tool to move the camera (this feature is only supported on DT AutoColumn stands) or operate the camera position manually on the copy stand.
7. Once you have moved the camera, focus on the subject by clicking on the AF icon in the Camera Focus tool.
8. The Camera Focus tool will now report if the desired target resolution has been achieved with the message “At the Target”.
If you still need to adjust the camera’s position, repeat steps 6 and 7.