process recipes issue

Comments

9 comments

  • SFA
    Kaupo wrote:
    Hi

    all my recipes are lost with the upgrade. Fine, I made new ones. But also the checkboxes are gone that used to be in front of the recipes and I can convert only all my recipes at the same time and not choose one.

    thanks.
    k.


    The recipes should not be lost. How did you run the Upgrade process?

    The tick box should still be visible.

    I assume you are running with a "Pro" level licence.

    Do you still have your previous version installed? If so try running that to see what happens. Your new license key will be needed to activate it.


    Grant
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Ian Wilson
    I’ve found the checkbox disappears if I have it set to “Show enabled only†on the ... menu. Try unchecking that, and your missing recipes may appear too.

    Ian
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Kaupo
    Yes, Pro user since forever.

    I now went back to CO12 and inserted the CO20 password and everything works perfectly in the old version.

    Ian - this "Show enabled" box is gone as well in CO20. Could it be that there was an error taking over the old workspace and that messed up the whole program? I try to uninstall CO20 and re-install it but it's all very weird.

    k.
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Kaupo
    OK. Reinstall helped. Thanks for answering guys!

    k.
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Ian Wilson
    Kaupo wrote:
    Yes, Pro user since forever.

    I now went back to CO12 and inserted the CO20 password and everything works perfectly in the old version.

    Ian - this "Show enabled" box is gone as well in CO20. Could it be that there was an error taking over the old workspace and that messed up the whole program? I try to uninstall CO20 and re-install it but it's all very weird.

    k.

    It's not a box - just an item on the submenu you get when you click the ... button.

    Ian
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Simon Stuart

    I just had this, its a straightforward bug - as soon as you duplicate a recipe the "show enabled" menu item gets ticked and most of your recipe list is hidden.

    This is very poor, OBVIOUSLY no-one tested the duplicate recipe function in this version (at least) - I've run software dev and test teams before and this wouldn't get past my teams.

    C1P - I've opened a support case for this before finding this - you can waste time closing it as I have wasted finding this obvious bug.

     

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • SFA

    Simon,

    If I duplicate a recipe on my system I just see the new version added to the end of the list with a numeric identifier (2 in this case)  and the original gets a 1 suffix.

    So your apparent bug find does not seem to be common to all windows installations.

     

    Which versions/releases of C1 and Windows are you using?

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Simon Stuart

    I have the same symptoms but using C1P 20 on Catalina. Its completely reproducible, the recipe gets duplicated but “show enabled” gets turned on by the duplication. 

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • SFA

    I can't reproduce your problem at all Using C1 V20.0.3 and Windows 7.

    So what are you using on which Windows?

    Mac is of no interest to me in terms of testing.

    Are you by any chance using a Workspace created in an earlier version?

    I have the Show Enabled Only flag set and duplicate an already showing (i.e. enabled) recipe I end up with 2 copies of the recipe, both enabled.

    If I do not have the "Show enabled only" flag set I See a long list of recipes and the new duplicated is added to the end of the list.

    As I recall the location of the toggle for the "Show enabled only" flag change location between 12 (or earlier) and 20.

    I'm wondering if that change may have resulted in some sort of anomaly for the workspace definition file or, perhaps, the Userconfig file maintained in the background.

    Whatever I clearly do not have a bug in C1 on my system and I don't recall the problem ever being mentioned prior to V20 so it seems more likely to be some sort of local settings issue, the source of which may yet need to be discovered, than an innate bug in the software.

     

    Basically just how Kaupo saw things after reporting that the problem was resolved by a re-installation - though that seems like a bit of a serious step. Still, if it works it might be just as quick as generating a new Workspace or Userconfig file.

     

     

    Grant

     

     

    0
    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.