You might not believe it by this list, but I love the C1 product. Nonetheless I have some suggestions. Clearly a number of these are my personal preference. Please also excuse me if some of this stuff already exists and I just haven't figured it out:
- Add full DNG (Digital Negative) support per your press release.
- Add a user definable setting to automatically jump to a specific tab when changing images. For instance, when I move to the next unprocessed image, I start at \"White Balance\". It would be handy as soon as I click on the image to have \"White Balance\" selected, rather than \"Process\", which is where I usually let off the last image. This is particularly important with LE, where you probably wouldn't start at \"Capture\".
- When a preview is generated, in some cases it appears to turn off the check on checked images.
- Add a shortcut key to \"White Balance\". DSLR users shoot in more random \"white balance\" situations and need easy access..
- Allow users to rearrange the tabs in the order they prefer. For me the current setup (\"White Balance\", \"Exposure\", \"Focus\", and \"Process\") is great, but some people might prefer a different order.
- Allow Fuji S2 (and particularly S3) images to save at 12 megapixels as designed by the manufacturer.
- Speed up Fuji S2 processing. To \"Develop\" a S2 image takes nearly 10 times longer than Adobe Camera Raw and 5 times longer than Fuji EX Converter.
- Move \"DSLR Noise Reduction\" setting to be under the \"Focus\" tab. This is a setting you might want to adjust on a per-image basis.
- Have a \"completely off\" setting for \"DSLR Noise Reduction\". It appears based on looking at output and reading posts to these forums (dating back to 2002) that there is no way to entirely disable the noise reduction.
- Give a way to preview the \"DSLR noise reduction\" in the \"Focus\" window (to check if the setting is what you want).
- Give a way to disable the \"Phase One Media Reader\" at Windows startup.
- Media reader should not pop up as window then minimize on the Systray. Like other well behaved Systray apps, it should start minimized.
- Media reader needs more options for how images are imported. Images may want to be placed under a directory by date etc. For a good example of what a card importer should do, see \"Downloader Pro\" from Breeze Systems.
- The \"Browse Folders\" and \"Add Collection\" start in \"<drive>:\\Phase One\\Capture One LE\\Captures\". Many of us keep our DSLR images somewhere else (I keep mine in \"My Documents\\My Pictures\") and it would be handy if you could set it to always start at your choice point.
- The \"Capture\" tab and \"capture\" mentality doesn't really fit with LE where you cannot do captures from cameras. These tabs, folders, and references probably should be removed from LE\".
- The whole system of getting images in for DSLRs is a bit confusing the C1. While the Capture makes sense for the Phase One backs, usually DSLR owners either already have their images on local disk or are pulled from a card. While the \"Media Reader\" improves this, I think it could be simplified for DSLR users.
- It would be nice if the \"Process\" target folder for \"Develops\" could be set to automatically follow the currently selected capture directory. By default unless you change it, it will stay at the last \"Develops\" directory, which can be confusing (and make it so you \"lose\" your converted images under some place in the directoy tree you didn't expect). Having a setting that makes it follow the current capture directory would solve this. I always put my \"Develops\" under the capture directory, not a single common directory (like \"\\Program Files\\Phase One\\Capture One LE\\Images\").
Please sign in to leave a comment.