When will 3.7.8 update be ready?

Comments

35 comments

  • Anonymous
    Hi Karen,
    Capture One 3.7.7 doesn't support 40D RAW files. R&D is busy working on including support for this RAW file in the next release of Capture One. A definite release date has not been set as of yet. When we can offer support the following Knowledge Base article will be updated: http://www.phaseone.com/home/Content/Su ... nguageid=1

    Best Regards,
    Rebecca
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • dave211
    Now we have V4b2 with 40D support can we expect to see v3 with it before Christmas?

    Dave.
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Karen111
    I know you may have other things you are waiting to add to the new update but if you have the files for the 40d ready, can't you just let us have that update first and then finish what you need to after that??
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • dave211
    [quote="Karen Smith" wrote:
    I know you may have other things you are waiting to add to the new update but if you have the files for the 40d ready, can't you just let us have that update first and then finish what you need to after that??


    Agreed.
    There is no excuse now. Before we were told its a new camera etc etc but PO have proven you have the info they need so lets see the results (please).
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Dave511
    I am also tired to being neglected, there are thousands of MKIII owners that NEED 3.7.8.
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Simon111
    [quote="Rebecca" wrote:
    R&D is busy working on including support for this RAW file in the next release of Capture One


    Hi Rebecca,

    Were you talking about 4.0 or 3.7.8? Just curious whether a decision has been made on whether there will be a 3.7.8 at all.

    Thanks,

    Simon.
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Anonymous
    Hi,
    3.7.8 is in the testing phase and will be released soon! No definite date has been set as of yet, it is on its way! Thanks for your continued patience as we strive to complete this release.
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Simon111
    Oh that's great news, thank you.
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • JayH
    Superb ❗️

    *fingers crossed that it supports 40D* 😉
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • dave211
    Rebecca

    Can you please make sure that both USA and European Canon RAW files are tested. I dont know if you remember but when the 400D came out and you supported it users in the UK have a lot of trouble with green cast's and a few other things that it seemed IIR the Americans didnt suffer from.
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Amin11
    [quote="Rebecca" wrote:
    Hi,
    3.7.8 is in the testing phase and will be released soon! No definite date has been set as of yet, it is on its way! Thanks for your continued patience as we strive to complete this release.


    Hi Rebecca, thank you for the information. I am currently using 4 beta 2, which has preliminary support for Adobe DNG such that my Ricoh GX100 DNG files can be processed. Will 3.7.8 share this DNG support? Also, will it bring support for the newer Olympus DSLRs (E-410/510 and E-3)? C1 4 beta is buggy, and I am anxious to get support for all my cameras in the more stable v3.7.x. Thanks!
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Martin312
    Will C1 Pro 3.7.8 support the Canon EOS-1Ds 3 that I received yesterday? When?

    I will not go to version 4 in its current form even though I also need DNG support for a Ricoh GX100. The lack of IPTC editing and in folder renaming is a serious gap from my point of view - to the extent that if it does not come in C1 Pro 4 I will need to go to a different convertor. I have started looking at how the competitors have changed over the last 5 years or so - Bibble looks interesting, I started with it before I switched to C1 Pro.

    When will C1 Pro support the dust removal and lens corrections that is now provided by Canon DPP (which I hate)?

    I have been a long time user of C1 pro - since it was launched for DSLRs. But I am not convinced that version 4 is going in entirely the right direction. Some aspects I like but there are some important omissions in the version currently in beta.
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • NN131592
    [quote="Rebecca" wrote:
    Hi,
    3.7.8 is in the testing phase and will be released soon! No definite date has been set as of yet, it is on its way! .


    Another never ending Story.................... 😂
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • horst111
    Hi,

    have seen that the C1 4 BETA 2 has support for Nikon D3 now.
    Will the C1 Pro 3.7.8 also support both new Nikons (D3, D300)?
    (without the (nearly useless) compressed formats)

    .. or will the C1 4 BETA also support the D300 in the near future?

    Horst
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Roine
    Canon G9 RAW support?
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Nobukazu
    I would like to echo the voices from many of the previous posters. I appreciate the company's efforts on v.4 beta, but quite frankly if that means a wait for the new model support till mid January or some such, that to me is a wrong prioritization with a wrong timeline. A number of 3rd party RAW processing software do now support a bunch of new DLSR models that came out this and the past months. I wonder why PhaseOne cannot do something similar.
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • dave211
    I also wonder if v3 or v4 wil support sRAW files.
    ACR does so again, PO have no excuse.

    Dave.
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Jon
    Hello,

    I can confirm that V4 will support SRaw in its final release.
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • dave211
    [quote="JonGilbert" wrote:
    Hello,

    I can confirm that V4 will support SRaw in its final release.


    Halfway there then. How about 3.7.8?

    Dave.
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • PX5
    It would be nice if there was free upgrade from 3.7.x to 4 ... I've had my 40D since 4th Sept (btw - the European cashback is valid for 40D's bought then) and have had to use other products to process my Raw.

    I may abandon PhaseOne if this lack of support continues into 2008.
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • dave211
    [quote="MX5" wrote:
    It would be nice if there was free upgrade from 3.7.x to 4 ... I've had my 40D since 4th Sept (btw - the European cashback is valid for 40D's bought then) and have had to use other products to process my Raw.

    I may abandon PhaseOne if this lack of support continues into 2008.


    It will be a free upgrade for some.
    when you buy v3.7 you get a couple of free upgrades (might be more, not sure) but i was told i would get it for free as an update.
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Jon
    If you purchased 3.7 Then you have a free upgrade to 4.0. LE licenses came with One free upgrade, and Pro licenses came with 2. Updates from 3.7.6 to 3.7.7 and similar do not apply as Upgrades, so you still have all of your upgrades.

    Also Pro users will receive 4.0 free, and their first upgrade will apply to 4.0 Pro
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • PX5
    [quote="JonGilbert" wrote:
    If you purchased 3.7 Then you have a free upgrade to 4.0. LE licenses came with One free upgrade, and Pro licenses came with 2. Updates from 3.7.6 to 3.7.7 and similar do not apply as Upgrades, so you still have all of your upgrades.

    Also Pro users will receive 4.0 free, and their first upgrade will apply to 4.0 Pro


    Jon - so is a possible strategy to wait for Version 4 to go full (rather than Beta) then use the single upgrade to migrate from 3.7.7 to 4.0.x ?
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • dave211
    [quote="MX5" wrote:


    Jon - so is a possible strategy to wait for Version 4 to go full (rather than Beta) then use the single upgrade to migrate from 3.7.7 to 4.0.x ?


    No. you will be to old to hold a mouse by that time 😉

    sorry, couldn't resist.
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Jon
    MX5,

    Yes, you would want to use your upgrade for 4.0 full (the beta is free for all, but expires the end of january)
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • 72chevelle454
    [quote="Rebecca" wrote:
    Hi,
    3.7.8 is in the testing phase and will be released soon! No definite date has been set as of yet, it is on its way! Thanks for your continued patience as we strive to complete this release.


    Thanks for the update... It has been about 3 weeks since you posted this, can you throw any dates as to the release???

    How about what month?

    Thanks
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • NN131592
    [quote="72chevelle454" wrote:
    [quote="Rebecca" wrote:
    Hi,
    3.7.8 is in the testing phase and will be released soon! No definite date has been set as of yet, it is on its way! Thanks for your continued patience as we strive to complete this release.


    Thanks for the update... It has been about 3 weeks since you posted this, can you throw any dates as to the release???

    How about what month?

    Thanks



    2008...........2009...........????? *edited...please follow rules*.........
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • 72chevelle454
    [quote="rawimawi" wrote:
    [quote="72chevelle454" wrote:
    [quote="Rebecca" wrote:
    Hi,
    3.7.8 is in the testing phase and will be released soon! No definite date has been set as of yet, it is on its way! Thanks for your continued patience as we strive to complete this release.


    Thanks for the update... It has been about 3 weeks since you posted this, can you throw any dates as to the release???

    How about what month?

    Thanks



    2008...........2009...........????? *edited...please follow rules*.........


    Someone had time to edit this post, but no time to answer a simple question of mine, I don't understand????
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Jon
    Hello,

    All software releases are announced through Phaseone.com and our newsletters. We cannot and will not give release dates on the forum.

    3.7.8 will be coming soon. Now that 4.0 has been officially released we have more resources available for 3.7 development.
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • 72chevelle454
    [quote="JonGilbert" wrote:
    Hello,

    All software releases are announced through Phaseone.com and our newsletters. We cannot and will not give release dates on the forum.

    3.7.8 will be coming soon. Now that 4.0 has been officially released we have more resources available for 3.7 development.


    Thank you Jon!
    0
    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.