Capture One-generated .TIF / .JPG files open in Adobe Camera Raw instead of Photoshop.
The reason for this is that PhotoShop opens processed files in Camera RAW by default if an XMP sidecar file is present.
There are 2 ways to solve this problem.
1. Change PhotoShop settings.
- Go to Photoshop -> Preferences -> Camera Raw.
- Change JPEG and TIFF Handling settings from Automatically open TIFFs/JPEGs with settings to Disable TIFF/JPEG support.
2. Change Capture One settings.
- Go to the Preferences, navigate to the Image tab.
- In the Editing section, check the option in the Default Processing Engine field. If Full Sync is chosen, Capture One will always create XMP files. If you do not use metadata exchange over XMP sync, then turn this option off by setting the meaning to None.