Making a Session template allows you to create a new Session with a predetermined set of Session Albums and Session Favorites instead of starting everything from scratch. This option can save time when you adopt a complex hierarchy of nested Albums. Smart Albums compliant with the rules (search criteria and active filters) are duplicated from within the open Session. Consider that no images are copied into the Session when a template is created. The process of creating a Session template is similar to that of creating a Catalog template, but the resultant template files are not interchangeable.
- Open a Session and navigate to the Library tool with a set of Session Albums and Session Favorites that you intend to copy. Select File -> Save As Template... A dialog box will open to save the file.
- Choose a suitable name for the template. Select Save.
- In the Library, click on the + (plus) with the reveal icon next to the switch Session/Catalog field and select New Session… or select File -> New Session.... A dialog box will appear.
- Select an appropriate name for the new Session, a location for the Session to be saved to (or choose to retain the existing location), and the appropriate Template from the drop-down menu.
- Check the box underneath to open the new Session alongside the already open Session or uncheck it to close the existing Session and open the new one.