As the typical Session folder contains everything you need to continue working (i.e. RAW files, settings, profiles, and metadata, such as keywords and IPTC information), a Session can be easily moved from one location to another.
1. Open the Session, navigate to the Library, then click on (...), and select Show Info from the menu.
2. Check under 'Where' after selecting 'Show Info' that the folders will remain 'Relative to session' - this is the default setting
3. Do this action for each of your Session Folders to ensure that the file paths remain valid when moving the Session
4. Close the Session
5. Navigate to the location of your Session, i.e. in your Pictures folder, in Explorer/Finder depending on whether you use Mac or Windows
5. Select the Session folder (which will be named after the Session, and contain all of your Session Folders such as Capture, Selects, Output, and Trash) and drag and drop it in the new location.
It is possible to perform this action with Sessions, as all of the image folders are contained together. It becomes more difficult when using Catalogs, due to the fact a database is being used instead of simply using Capture One as a folder viewer.
If you have Session Favorites then these are remembered as part of the .cosessiondb file - providing that these folders are still available and in their original location, then these will also be remembered.
You can add a Session Favorite at any time by clicking '+' in the Library tool, or by dragging and dropping folders into the Session Favorites pane in the Library tool.
N.B. If you are batch-moving Sessions, then consider doing a test-run with just one Session and ensuring that the Session opens and works as normal when placed in the new location.
Always make periodic backups and manual backups when performing actions like this.
Please sign in to leave a comment.