You can set up the tethered Session or Catalog to copy certain metadata from image to image. This can be useful, for example, when assigning different keywords, instructions or various rights usage terms to images just prior to capture.
- Select an image in the Session or Catalog (e.g., the previous capture) and assign metadata where relevant, for example, using the tools located under the Metadata tool tab.
- Return to the Capture tool tab and go to the Next Capture Adjustments tool.
- From the Metadata fly-out menu, select one of the following options:
- Defaults (default) - adds camera EXIF data only. Any metadata will not be copied to the next capture.
- Copy from Last - copies all assigned metadata from the last captured image.
- Copy from Primary - copies all assigned metadata from the selected Primary variant (the selected image with the heavy white border).
- Copy from Clipboard - applies all metadata copied to the Adjustments Clipboard from the last captured image or from the selected Primary variant to the next captured image. This is useful when limiting specific metadata to images.
- Copy specific from Last - this option opens a Metadata-only clipboard where Ratings, Color Tags, Keywords, and other individual IPTC fields can be selected for copying from the last captured image.
- Copy specific from Primary - this option opens a Metadata-only clipboard where Ratings, Color Tags, Keywords, and other individual IPTC fields can be selected for copying from the selected Primary Variant (the selected image with the heavy white border).
- The selection is automatically saved and applied to all future captures.
NOTE: The Metadata drop-down menu is not available in the tool if you are running the Enterprise version of Capture One. The functionality is replaced by the new Next Capture Metadata tool in Enterprise.
<< Setting the capture orientation | Adding adjustments to captures >>
Please sign in to leave a comment.