The Advanced mode works in a similar way to that of the Basic mode, however, the color picker’s selection range is more targeted and, once selected, it offers more control. Up to 30 individual color range corrections may be applied to a single image. Note that the selection is shown as the wireframe in the 2-D color wheel along with the direction arrows to guide adjustment.
- Go to the Color tool tab.
- Choose the Advanced tab in the Color Editor tool.
- Use the Color Picker to select a color from the image in the Viewer that is in need of correction.
- Checkmark the View selected color range option to automatically desaturate all non-selected colors in the Viewer and preview the color range to be adjusted.
- Pull and push the outer handles to alter the selection range. Fine-tune the hue pick point using the inner handle, if necessary.
- Adjust the chosen color individually using the Smoothness, Hue, Saturation, and Lightness sliders. The color will be adjusted instantly in the Viewer.
- Add more adjustments by making additional selections with the color picker or by pressing the (+) icon.
- To delete a color edit, highlight the selection in the list and press the (-) icon.
- To view the effect of an individual edit, highlight the selection in the list and then toggle the checkmark on and off.