Capture One can anchor color value readouts at multiple locations within an image in the Viewer. There are several potential uses for this feature, however, it is particularly useful when used to compare color values of a color target against the manufacturer's reference values or measured values.
- Select an image from the Browser.
- Ensure that the image is in the appropriate color space selected either in the Profile Recipe or from the Proof Profile option. When using the Profile Recipe, ensure the selected recipe is being used by going to the main menu View -> Proof Profile -> Output Recipe Profiles -> Selected Recipe.
- Verify or select the appropriate readout type, from the main menu by navigating to View -> Lab Readout -> Off (i.e., RGB/CMYK) or select the appropriate Lab implementation from the list.
- Go the cursor toolbar and choose the Add Color Readout cursor from the Color Cursor group.
- If you intend to switch to another cursor and require the readouts to be displayed in the image, repeat Step 4 and select Always Show Color Readouts option to enable it with a checkmark.
- Click on the image in the Viewer to select and anchor the readout.
- Click and drag a readout to move its position. The selected display will be highlighted with an orange border. The values are constantly updated during re-positioning.