Removing a Preset removes the Preset’s settings from the image that it has been applied to. However, it can be reapplied at any time. This action is applicable to both types of Preset - User Presets and Built-in Presets. The Preset can be removed from the tool it was created in or from the Styles and Presets tool in the Adjustments tool tab or the Adjustments menu.
- Go to the Styles and Presets tool in the Adjustments tool tab and select the Preset to remove from the list in the User Presets or Built-Presets folders, Ctrl-click/right-click (macOS/Windows) to open a two-option menu (Remove/Delete) and select Remove. The Preset can also be removed from the Adjustments menu. Select the Preset in the list and click on it to remove the checkmark.
- Alternatively, navigate to the tool where the User Preset was created.
- Click on the Manage Preset icon (three horizontal bars) in the title bar at the top of the relevant tool. The Manage and Apply menu opens.
- Go the Applied [Tool Name] Folder, listing the applied Presets for that tool.
- Select the Preset from the list and click on Remove from the single-option menu.
- The Preset is removed and the image is updated in the Viewer.