When creating a new Style (i.e., a Custom Style) using the Styles and Presets tool, all of the applied adjustments are automatically selected. Therefore, consider whether you want to include specific settings such as White Balance, Exposure, and Noise Reduction.
As you can edit the Style from a Save Style clipboard window before saving it, it is simple to remove those and other highly specific settings, such as Color Tags, Keywords, Crop, Keystone correction, and many others. After creating and applying the Custom Style to your images, you can add them retrospectively, using the dedicated tools.
Before starting working on an image, it may be helpful to make another variant to apply the adjustments to it for comparison. To make it, press F2/F7 (macOS/Windows) or select Image -> New Variant and then select both by pressing Cmd/Ctrl-click (macOS/Windows).
After a Style is saved on your computer, it can be imported and shared by other users. The Capture One Style format .costyle can be copied to other computers and between platforms.
- Perform your preferred adjustments to the new image.
- Navigate to the Adjustments tool tab and go to the Styles and Presets tool.
- In the tool’s title bar, click on the Action menu, the (...) icon, and select Save Custom Style from the menu. The Save Style clipboard window will open, displaying all of the selected adjustments.
- Uncheck the settings that you do not want to include in the Style. If appropriate, you can use this opportunity to remove highly-specific adjustments or metadata, white balance, color tags and ratings, and usage terms.
- Click Save or Cancel (to start over). If Save is selected, a dialog window opens.
- Name and save the Style, using an appropriate and meaningful name.
- To verify the new Style (if you have more than one image in the Viewer, deselect the Edit Selected Variants option, if enabled), go to Styles and Presets tool and, using the cursor, either select or hover the cursor over the newly created Style in the list in the Custom Styles folder. All of the saved Custom Styles will be displayed there for future use.