When using the Auto Levels feature, Capture One Cultural Heritage by default sets a 0.10% threshold for Shadows and Highlights. This allows a small number of pixels to clip in one or more color channels. For example, a low number of small specular highlights can be allowed to clip without reducing the overall contrast and dynamic range of an image. If the defaults need to be altered, the settings may be adjusted from the Preferences panel.
1. In the Main menu, select Capture One -> Preferences. The Preferences dialog opens.
2. Click on the Exposure tab and locate the two Auto Levels Clipping Thresholds fields at the bottom of the window.
3. Type in the required values and close the preferences dialog.
• The range is adjustable between 0-10%, although in practical terms it is unlikely that anything approaching 1% and above would be necessary.
• The Auto Levels Clipping Thresholds deliver the specified percentage of clipped pixels precisely.