The Next Capture Backup enables Capture One Enterprise to automatically make a backup of all the captured images during a tethered session to another drive. The tool also has a built-in backup queue manager that will let you stop and resume the backup procedure at any point in time, making it possible to continue the backup even after you have closed and relaunched Capture One Enterprise.
NOTE: The Next Capture Backup tool works with Sessions only.
It is designed to do a backup of the originally captured images (RAWs and/or JPEGs) only. This means that none of the image adjustments, metadata or keywords that are applied during the tethered capture session are backed up.
Do note that the file naming applied to the captured images with the Next Capture Naming tool will also be included in the backed-up image files. This means that any scanned barcodes that are applied as a part of the naming scheme will also be part of the file naming on the backed-up files.
You should, therefore, consider including some method of shot reference in the file naming with the Next Capture Naming tool in the unfortunate event that you will need to rely on the backed-up image files.
You will find the Next Capture Backup tool under the Capture tool tab.
1. Set up your desired file naming with the Next Capture Naming tool as this choice will be mirrored to the file naming of your backed-up files.
2. Enable the option Back up new captures in the tool.
3. Select the backup drive destination from the Location drop-down menu. This should obviously be on another drive than you are capturing the primary images to. Capture One Enterprise will automatically create a folder in the chosen destination with the current Session name together with a unique ID. Within this folder, a Capture subfolder is also added. You can check the full destination file structure, and naming in the Sample Path field.
4. Start your tethering session by capturing the images with the Camera tool.
5. Click on Start to enable the backup queue.
6. Once the captured images are saved to the drive, the Next Capture Backup tool will start to copy them to the backup drive location.