Moving a Catalog
1. Create a folder or folder structure for storing images on a network drive.
2. Back up your Catalog on the source computer. Go to the main menu and select File -> Backup Catalog.
3. In the Browser, select the images you would like to work with on another computer.
4. Export originals. Go to the main menu and select File -> Export Images -> Originals.
5. In the dialog box, select the destination folder on the external drive and checkmark the option Include Adjustments. In this case, the Capture One settings and previews are exported in a separate [CaptureOne] settings folder along with XMP sidecar files.
6. You may leave the exported originals on the external drive or move them to your target computer.
7. Create a Catalog in Capture One and locate it on your target computer. Alternatively, learn how to create and save a Catalog on a network drive.
8. Inside Capture One, click Import and select the images.
9. Now you can continue editing your images on another computer.
Creating a portable Catalog from the very beginning
In case you plan to create a portable Catalog from the very beginning, there are 2 options to consider.
Option 1. A Catalog on a network drive
Option 2. A Catalog with a managed file option
When importing images into a Catalog, it is necessary to select the Inside Catalog option in the Destination field. That way, the images would be physically stored inside a Catalog. It means that you can relocate your Catalog and keep everything safe.
Before opening a Catalog in Capture One on the target computer, make sure that it is compatible with that software version and upgrade it if needed as per the instructions.