Capture One’s Focus tool has a preview window that can be used to examine a part of an image in detail at up to 400% magnification without zooming into the Viewer. The Focus tool can also be undocked from the toolbar and placed anywhere in the Viewer. For adding convenience when sharpening, you can also undock the Sharpening tool from the toolbar and dock it beneath the floating Focus window.
- Go to the Details tool tab.
- The Focus tool shows a section of the image that can be magnified up to 400%.
- Use the Pick Focus Point icon to select the desired area (in the Viewer) to inspect in detail.
- Adjust the magnification on the slider below the window or click on the icons on each side to alter the magnification in steps. Sharpness should be assessed at 50% and at 100%.
- To resize the preview window, click on an edge or corner and drag. Alternatively, click on the Action menu icon (…) and select a sizing option (Medium or Auto Size) from the list.