The Opacity controls the density or strength of the stroke. A value of 0 (%) effectively disables the slider and prevents the application of the mask, while 100 (%) applies the maximum amount. In most cases, the setting can be left at 100 (%). The default settings for Opacity is 100 (%).
The Flow setting controls the rate at which the Opacity is applied, with 0 (%) effectively disabling the application of the mask and 100 (%) being the maximum amount that can be applied per stroke to an area. The default settings for Flow is 100 (%).
When the Airbrush option is enabled, provided that the mouse button remains depressed (or if using a pressure-sensitive pen, the nib remains in contact with the tablet surface), the opacity will reach the value set, including any selected Hardness or feathering (i.e. to the outer edge) of the brush.
As an example, when the Opacity is set to 100% and 20% Flow is selected, 20% of the opacity of the mask is applied per stroke until the maximum 100% level is reached. This can be achieved through additional strokes (four more in this instance), or when the Airbrush option is enabled through continued pressure of the mouse or pen. No number of strokes or pressure after that can increase the Opacity beyond 100%.
1. Select the Draw Mask icon in the Layers tool or from the Cursor toolbar.
2. Starting from Capture One 21 (14.0.0), hold down the corresponding modifier key(s) and click-drag to adjust the Flow and Opacity parameters of the Brush easier and faster.
- Shift + Ctrl + Opt + left-click and drag horizontally (left/right) on Mac
- Shift + right-click and drag horizontally (left/right) on Windows
- Shift + Ctrl + Opt + left-click and then drag vertically (up/down) on Mac
- Shift + right-click and drag vertically (up/down) on Windows
In Capture One 21 (14.0.0) and previous versions, it is possible to adjust the Flow and Opacity parameter in the Brush Settings panel. Click on the Brush Settings button (slider icon) or Ctrl/Right-click anywhere in the Viewer for quick access. The Brush Settings panel opens.
To adjust the opacity of the brush stroke, drag the Opacity slider to the right to increase the amount. Adjust the Flow parameter as required. You can view the effect on-screen in case the option to view the mask is enabled.
3. After setting all the parameters of the Brush, start drawing a mask. To draw a perfectly straight line, hold down the Shift key and drag the cursor. To draw a straight line between two points, click on the first point, then release and Shift-click on the second point.
<< Modifying size and hardness | Enabling pen pressure support >>
Please sign in to leave a comment.