User Presets can be deleted either from the tool they were created in or from the Styles and Presets tool in the Adjustments tool tab. Presets are moved to the System Trash, pending permanent deletion.
In some cases, when navigating away from a Session Folders to images in the System Folders and then creating a User Preset, the Delete User Preset option may be unavailable and displayed as grayed out. Should that occur, navigate back to the Session Folders, click on a Session image and then follow the steps listed below.
- Go to the Styles and Presets tool in the Adjustments tool tab and select the User Preset to delete from User Preset folder, Ctrl-click/right-click (macOS/Windows) to open a two-option menu (Remove/Delete) and select Delete.
- Alternatively, navigate to the tool where the User Preset was created.
- Click on the Manage Preset icon (three horizontal bars) in the title bar at the top of the relevant tool. The Manage and Apply menu opens.
- Select Delete User Preset...
- A fly-out menu will open, listing the User Presets for that tool.
- Select the User Preset to delete. A warning dialog box will open, asking you to confirm the choice.
- Press Delete to remove the Preset permanently. The User Preset is moved to the system trash, pending deletion.