Not only is it possible to edit multiple images using Smart Adjustments, it's possible to save the editing results as a Style, which can be used upon import and also batch applied to images that have already been imported.
Why use Smart Styles?
Smart Styles allow you to combine Smart Exposure, Smart White Balance, and any other adjustments into a one-click editing solution. The examples above have been adjusted using a single Smart Style.
N.B. Smart Adjustments will always apply to the Background layer, which is important to note when using Layers in Styles.
How do you make a Smart Style?
- Navigate to the Smart Adjustments tool
- Select the adjustments you would like to include by using the available checkboxes
- Select Save Style...
- Include any other desired adjustments
- Select an image from the Browser
- In the Styles and Presets tool, navigate to ... and then select Save Custom Style – the dialog where you can select which adjustments to include in the Style is presented
- At the top of this dialog, you will see Smart Adjustments, whereby you can select either Exposure or White Balance – along with any other desired adjustments
- By checking at least one Smart Adjustment and then selecting Save, you have successfully created a Style which will intelligently apply White Balance and/or Exposure corrections to each image it is applied to
N.B. Smart Styles are only compatible with version 16.0 and newer.
Please sign in to leave a comment.