Over the years, we've received many requests for Styles to include Layers. Capture One 23 makes this possible and adds a new layer of flexibility to your workflow, making Styles even more powerful.
This feature is available in Capture One Pro 23 16.0 and later.
Combine multiple Styles into one
Many photographers have found out that mixing 2-3 Styles as Layers and reducing their opacities could result in quite interesting edits. Until now, it was not possible to save those edits as Styles to use continuously. With the support for Layers in Styles, this is now possible. The opacity of each Layer will be included in the Style as well.
- Go to the Layers tool found in the Adjust tool tab
- Click + and then add a Filled Adjustment Layer
- Apply a Style by right/option clicking the newly created Adjustment Layer and then selecting "Apply adjustments from" > "Custom Styles" and then select the Style you wish to apply to this layer
- Repeat this process if you wish to add more layers containing different Styles
- Navigate to the Style tool tab or the Smart Adjustments tool and select "Save Style..."
- Tick the layers you wish to include in your Style and any other adjustments, including Smart Adjustments to make your Styles intelligently adjust Exposure and White Balance
- Reduce the opacity on each layer to reduce the effect of the Style or Adjustment
- Brushed masks, linear and radial gradients, luminosity masks, and heal/clone Layers are not supported
- Using the "Save adjustments as Style" option will not include any layers – use the method described above to include Layers in your Style