Keep the powerful export tab (export until 14.2) and the quick/simple export window. (14.3).
I hope you are doing well. The new 14.3 brang many revelant improvements. However, also a concerning move to one of the most important part of a workflow: the export.
Of course, we can understand, the export tool had some learning curve. But, it should be. it's a tool for advanced users dealing daily with a lot of prodcution, images, customers.. For sure, it does not fit the needs for "casual" shooter or smalls projects.
It's totaly fine and also great to add a "quick export" window for users who do not want to deal much with pro options. I do confess I also use a "quick" export tool for years though the plug in "JpegMiniPro".
However, the export tool of the 14.3 is a pure catasprophe for working professionals.
1) The new update remove the possibility to have a global output folder over different recipe. I use to have for each of my export a global folder like "202107_ProjectName" (I usually copy/past the project name from the file name but it's not possible anymore), as well as a subfolder for each recipe like so:
- web small: Jpeg 1600 70%, sub-folder "web"
- A4 Jpeg: Jpeg A4 300dpi 95%, sub-folder "a4_jpeg"
- Tiff max: Tiff 8bit 300 dpi, sub-folder "tiff".
And so on. It varies depending of the customers.
This is not working any more. right ?
If not, most of the pro will be really in trouble.
2) I am using an old but rock solid MBP 2012 13 inch on location. The new export windows does NOT fit properly. The old export tab, using the whole screen (as I use C1 in full screen mode) does fit nicely.
PS: I am also a software developer and manager. The best way to get optimized and fast software is to give developer old and slow machines!
3) One can not adjust the tab in the export window. Nor one can adjust the window size. Right ?
Thanks for listening.
Looking forward the next update.. for pros and casual shooters!
Please sign in to leave a comment.