Screenshots and screen recordings take a minute or two to capture, but can be extremely helpful when getting your problem solved. It's very difficult for us to troubleshoot things that we cannot see – hence why we request a screenshot or recording of your display.
For Mac users
1. To take a screenshot or recordings on your Mac you can use the Screenshot app. To open Screenshot press the combination of keys Shift+Command+5 or use Launchpad.
Also, you can use the following keyboard shortcuts:
- Shift+Command+3 to capture the whole screen
- Shift+Command+4 to capture a portion of the screen (preferred method - allows you to select specific parts of Capture One that may be causing you issues)
- Shift+Command+4+Space bar to capture a window or menu
- Shift+Command+5 to capture a screen recording
2. If there is no Screenshot app use Grab Utility. Navigate to Applications-> Utilities->Grab.app. Capture the error message window and save it on your computer.
For Windows users
Use Snipping Tool
1. Go to the Start menu, type "snipping tool" in the search bar, and open the app
2. Once you click New, you'll be able to select the area of the screen that you wish to capture
3. Select your desired screenshot method, then select the region to be captured and release the cursor
Use Keyboard Shortcuts
1. Press the PrtSc key
2. A snapshot of your entire screen will be copied to your clipboard, whereby you can paste it into another piece of software, i.e. Paint, Photoshop, or another application of your choice
3. Save the document as a JPEG or PNG
4. Attach to your support case
N.B. Please refrain from sending screenshots contained in Word documents, or any other documents that rely on third-party software