How to create a screenshot on macOS and Windows?
For Mac users
1. The first way to make a screenshot is to use Grab Utility. Navigate to Hard disk -> Applications-> Utilities->Grab.app. Capture the error message window and save it on your computer.
2. The second way is to use the combination of keys:
- Shift+Command+3 to capture the whole screen
- Shift+Command+3 and then press Enter to select the window to be captured
- Shift+Command+5 to capture a specific selection on the screen
For Windows users
Press the Prnt Scrn or the Print Screen key on the keyboard.
- To copy the entire view of your monitor press Print Screen.
- To copy only the active window, hold Alt and press Prtn Scrn.
Now an image file is on the clipboard and can be pasted into another document. If you want to add text, highlights, or markings to an image, use the default Paint program or another software and save the file as JPEG. Alternatively, you may paste the screenshot into a MS Word Document.