Deactivating Capture One might be needed in such cases:
- Switching between different Capture One product variants (i.e. from Capture One for Fujifilm to Capture One for Nikon)
- Freeing up activation seats to activate Capture One on another workstation
- When your computer/laptop/workstation is not active or out of reach for any reason and you need to free up the activation seat (see Deactivation of Capture One using the website)
- When reinstalling Capture One
Deactivate Capture One in the application
To deactivate Capture One from a computer, an internet connection is required.
- Open the License dialog box via the menu Capture One -> License / Help -> License (macOS/Windows).
- Press the Deactivate button.
- Confirm that you want to perform the deactivation.
- After deactivation, you can reactivate Capture One on another computer.
Deactivate Capture One using the website
You can also deactivate Capture One Pro using the captureone.com website.
1. Login to your Capture One Profile at www.captureone.com. Click the Account icon. Enter your e-mail address and password. Press Next.
2. Navigate to the Manage licenses section and press Manage.
3. Choose the Capture One product and press Show Activation History.
4. Choose the Reset All Activations option to deactivate Capture One on all currently activated machines. Please note that deactivation affects all installations with the license code.
You may also reset each activation individually with the Deactivate option which will only reset 1 activation at a time.
You will now be able to activate Capture One on a new machine.