To deactivate Capture One from a computer, an internet connection is required. The application will return to Trial Mode once deactivated. When the trial period is over, all current and pending processes will be canceled. You will need to reactivate Capture One to continue working with it.
- Open the License dialog box via the menu Capture One -> License (Help -> License on Windows).
- Press the Deactivate button.
- Confirm that you want to perform the deactivation.
- After deactivation, you can reactivate Capture One on another computer.
Alternatively, you can deactivate Capture One/ Media Pro using Capture One website.
1. Login to your Capture One Profile at www.captureone.com. Click Login.
2. Navigate to the Software License section and press Go to license management page.
3. Choose your Capture One user product to display your license key.
4. Choose the Reset All Activations option. This action will deactivate from all currently activated machines. Please note that deactivation affects all installations with the license code.
You will now be able to activate Capture One on a new machine. For example, if you had Capture One activated on two machines and are replacing only one of them, you will have to activate both of them (the new computer and the one where Capture One was already activated and used previously) since this process removes all Capture One activations. You may also reset each activation individually with the Reset Activation option which will only reset 1 activation at a time.