Resetting all adjustments
When you want to remove all of the adjustments to a variant or multiple variants, you can use Capture One’s global reset option. Resetting returns the controls to their defaults and applies only to the selected variants. The variants revert back to Capture One’s default settings.
When resetting accidentally, selecting the Undo command will restore the adjustments that were already applied. The Undo command is available from the menu and is also available from the toolbar located to the right of the Reset icon (on the default workspace).
- Select the variant or variants to be reset in the browser.
- In the main menu, select Adjustments -> Reset or press Cmd/Ctrl+R (macOS/Windows). Alternatively, choose the Global Reset icon in the toolbar. When the Edit Selected Variants option is disabled and multiple variants are selected, hold Shift and click on the Reset icon instead.
- When resetting multiple variants, a warning dialog will open asking you to confirm the action.
Temporarily resetting adjustments
When you want to compare a few quick adjustments you have made to an image with Capture One’s default settings, you can temporarily reset the adjustments instead of creating a copy (using the New Variant command). This temporary global reset feature works differently to the permanent reset as it concentrates on typical image adjustments and ignores the following geometric adjustments:
- Lens Profiles
- Select the image in the browser and apply adjustments to it.
- Press and hold the Option/Alt key (macOS/Windows), then press the Reset icon in the toolbar.
- Any adjustments applied will be temporarily removed while clicking, allowing you to compare the effect.
Resetting adjustments by the individual tool
Most tools have individual (i.e., local) reset buttons. If a tool has a group of controls in a single panel, such as the Exposure tool, all of the applied adjustments will be removed. When tools have tabbed panels where the controls (such as the Color Balance, Levels, and Curve tools) can be adjusted on each of those, Capture One allows resetting adjustments by the tab.
- Select the variant or variants in the Browser and apply adjustments using the chosen tool.
- Press the small reset icon in the tool’s title bar to reset any adjustments made. Press Shift-click to reset the adjustments on all the selected variants (when the Edit Selected Variants option is enabled).
- To reset the adjustments only on the selected tab (where applicable), press and hold Cmd/Ctrl (macOS/Windows) while clicking on the local reset button.
Temporarily resetting adjustments by the tool
When you want to compare the image before and after the adjustments have been made with a specific tool, the local reset button has a temporary option just like the global reset button in the toolbar. If a tool has a group of controls over several panels, Capture One allows the temporary resetting by the tab.
- Select the variant or variants in the browser and apply adjustments using the chosen tool.
- Press and hold the Option/Alt key, then press the tool’s Reset icon. Any adjustments applied will be temporarily removed when clicking.