Selecting only the primary variant
When working with a variant group or any selection of images, you can easily isolate the primary variant from the rest. For example, you can use this option when you want to return to a particular image to edit in a selection. The following instructions assume that multiple images are already selected.
- In the main menu, choose Select -> Select Primary Variant Only or Shift-click on the primary variant in the browser (note there is no shortcut assigned by default, but it can be added - see Working with shortcuts for more information).
- The Primary Variant is displayed by itself in the Viewer.
Selecting the primary variant from multiple images
When you want to assess images in a selection or a variant group, Capture One allows you to navigate the selection by one image at a time. This image is called the primary variant. Being able to select one image at a time is useful when you want to work on it without adjusting any of the other selected variants while observing and comparing the effect. The following instructions assume multiple image variants are already selected.
- To navigate the selection/group, choose from one of the following options:
- In the main menu, choose Select -> First/Previous/Next/Last or press Cmd/Ctrl+ relevant direction arrow (macOS/Windows).
- Using a mouse or pen, click directly on the required image.
- When you want to edit the Primary Variant, verify that the Edit All Selected Variants option is deselected (the icon is gray-colored) in the menu or Toolbar.
Deselecting the primary variant
Capture One offers an easy option to remove the primary variant from other selected variants of that image. This is useful when you want to exclude that image from any further adjustments (for example, when the primary variant is ready for export or to be used as a reference image). The following instructions assume multiple image variants are already selected.
- In the main menu, select Select -> Deselect Primary Variant.
- The Primary Variant is removed from the selection.
- To return the Primary Variant back to that selection/group, click on the Undo icon in the toolbar or select Edit -> Undo in the main menu or press Cmd+Z/Ctrl+Z (macOS/Windows).