Navigating image selections by sets
Capture One allows you to navigate selected image variants by sets (e.g., a pair, or three or four images). For example, when you have two or more images selected to be compared in the viewer, you can move to the next set by the same number without having to manually select each image every time. Besides being a time-saver, this is a convenient way to assess and navigate a large collection of images in the browser. It can also be used when applying ratings, keywords, presets or styles to images.
- Select a number of images in the browser (e.g., a pair, or four images).
- Apply adjustments, ratings, or keywords as necessary.
- In the main menu, choose Select -> Next Set or press option+right arrow/alt+right arrow (macOS/Windows).
- To navigate back, choose Select -> Previous Set or press option+left arrow/alt+left arrow (macOS/Windows).
Navigating by User Collection
You can navigate and select Catalog/Session Collections and User Collections (i.e., groups, projects, albums, and smart albums) simply by clicking on them with a mouse or pen. However, you can also navigate collections using the menu and with the help of shortcuts. The following description assumes that User Collections have been previously created.
- In the Library tool tab, choose Select -> Next Collection or press Ctrl+Shift+S (macOS/Windows). Repeat this action to move down collections, including sub-folders (e.g., albums and smart-albums) if expanded.
- To navigate upwards through collections, choose Select -> Previous Collection in the main menu or press Ctrl+Shift+W (macOS/Windows).
- To reveal or expand the Collection (when there’s a sub-folder hierarchy of albums, for example), choose Select -> Step in/Expand in the main menu or press Ctrl+Shift+D (macOS/Windows). The next sub-folder in the hierarchy will be revealed. Repeat to expand successive sub-folders if not already expanded.
- To select the next folder in the selected collection’s hierarchy, choose Select -> Next Collection or press Ctrl+Shift+S (macOS/Windows). When selecting this option and the collection is not expanded already, the next collection in the Library will be selected instead (as in step 1).
- To close or collapse a collection, choose Select -> Step out/Collapse in the main menu or press Ctrl+Shift+A (macOS/Windows).