Capture One Catalog may be used to import source images such as RAW/TIFFs/JPEGs from external media, such as a memory card, flash-disk or portable drive, directly to a network drive or NAS.
To improve performance, it is recommended that the Catalog is stored locally (i.e., on a local computer). When accessing a network drive or NAS, the following descriptions presume a fast and reliable connection.
- Open an existing Catalog or create a new one.
- Open the importer (File -> Import Images…) or click on the import icon in the toolbar. The import window will open.
- Go to Import From and select, for example, the memory card or an existing folder on your portable drive from the Source drop-down menu. The images to be ‘imported’ (i.e., copied, as well as indexed and cached) will be displayed in the importer’s browser.
- In the Import To option, select an appropriate folder on the network drive or NAS.
- As an option, create a subfolder by adding a folder name or token in the Sub Folder field.
- As an option, enable backup, change file naming (when left to the default Image Name token, images will not be renamed), and add metadata and adjustments as required.
- In the browser, select the images and click Import (X) Images or select Import All.