You can easily access images already stored on a network drive or NAS using Capture One. Before viewing and working with images by using a Catalog, the images must first be imported (indexed and cached) using the importer tool. The Catalog may be stored either locally or on a network drive (NAS). If the Catalog is stored on a network drive or NAS, the drive and Catalog must be available for Capture One to open it.
- Open an existing Catalog or create a new one, saving it on your local computer or network drive (depending on your chosen workflow).
- Open the importer from the main menu File -> Import Images… or click on the import icon in the toolbar. The Import Images window will open.
- From Import From dialog box, select the existing image folder on your network drive or NAS from the Source drop-down menu. The images to be imported (indexed and cached within the database) will be displayed in the importer’s browser.
- From the Import To option, select Current Location in the Destination drop-down menu. In the Collection drop-down menu, select Recent Imports Only. Select the option Capture Collection or Selected Album only if you have previously created and selected a capture collection (an album used as a capture folder) or an album in the Library, specifically for the imported images.
- As an option, enable backup and add metadata and adjustments as required. Consider that naming is disabled when indexing images in the current location.
- In the browser, select the images required and click Import (x) Images or select Import All.