With the Alpa A-series system cameras, the Capture Pilot app allows the user to remotely check the current selection of A-lens and confirm focus, composition, and exposure of captured images. In addition, the Alpa A-series IQ3 100/50MP or IQ250 allows wireless previewing of images for composition and checking focus on an iOS device. By using the new Alpa smart device holder, an iOS device can be mounted directly on the camera and used as an electronic viewfinder.
- From the IQ3/2 series back, select Menu -> WiFi -> Mode -> Ad-hoc and return to the top level of the menu.
- On the iOS device, launch the Settings app and select Settings -> WiFi -> Choose a Network… which will initiate a scan of the network details. Please wait for the scan to be completed and for the network name PhaseOne [serial number] to appear under the Choose Network setting.
- Select the network name in the menu of the iOS device to establish the server connection and wait for the name to populate the WiFi setting, put a checkmark and signal strength indicator.
- Exit the Settings app of the iOS device.
- Start the Capture Pilot app.
- Select the appropriate network name PhaseOne [serial number] from the Server List page displayed under Local Servers.
- Make a test shot to verify the server connection. An image will be rapidly displayed in the Capture Pilot browser if the connection was successful.
- If battery power in the IQ3/2 Series back is very low, a connection may not be easily attained.
- The IQ3/2 series back automatically chooses the most appropriate channel but if the interference is causing slow network connections, the user can select a channel manually. Select Menu -> WiFi -> Mode -> Off -> Settings -> Adhoc Channel -> 1,2,3,4… etc.
- Camera Control option in Capture Pilot is not supported by the A-series models due to the manual, mechanical features of the camera.
- You can confirm the network details, signal strength, and quality from the WiFi Status option of the IQ3/2 series back located on the same page of the WiFi menu (Menu -> WiFi -> WiFi Status).
<< Shooting remotely from Capture Pilot (Camera Control) using a Phase One system camera | Use Capture Pilot as a virtual viewfinder with A-series IQ3 100/50MP or A250 >>
Please sign in to leave a comment.