One way to remove dust spots on your images is to create an LCC profile, which is created using an LCC plate, in combination with your image that requires dust removal.
Capture One can map sensor dust for removal based on the information contained in the RAW capture of the LCC plate. This can be enabled from the LCC panel's Action menu or from an optional dialog window.
When the option is enabled, the data is recorded but it is not automatically applied to the resultant reference image like the other corrections. As sensor dust is usually temporary, consider whether the dust data is likely to be relevant when you are going to create an LCC Preset from the reference image.
- Select the image of the LCC plate in the Browser. This should be a capture of the LCC plate, using the same exposure settings that you used to take the image containing dust.
- Go to the Shape tool tab.
- Right/Option Click in a blank area of the Tool Tab and select Add Tool > LCC
This will ensure that the tool remains in the appropriate Tool Tab.
- In the LCC tool, click on the Action menu, the (…) icon. The LCC menu will open. Then select Creating LCC Options and choose Include Dust Removal Information.
- Alternatively, when ready to create the reference image, click on Create LCC.
A warning dialog opens. Verify or enable Include Dust Removal Information.
6. You now have created a reference for Capture One to begin removing dust and correcting for light falloff, if desired.
Select the image you wish to correct, as well as your LCC reference (the image is labelled as LCC in the Browser) - right click and select Apply LCC