When Capture One detects a lens model with a correction profile in the database, the profile is selected and, typically, chromatic aberration and distortion correction adjustments are automatically applied.
If the lens model has not been detected, follow the steps below to locate the profile manually or to select a profile for a similar lens. To manually apply correction, proceed with the step below.
- Go to the Lens tool tab and select the Lens Correction tool.
- Select an image from the browser and choose a specific lens from the Profile drop-down menu. A selection of the most suitable lens correction profiles can be found under the Recommended Lenses heading or select one available from the list.
- Once a lens is selected, a checkmark will appear in the Chromatic Aberration check-box and Capture One will automatically apply the correction based on the lens profile.
- If the image still shows some chromatic aberration, click the Analyze (...) button to the right to start Capture One's built-in analysis and correction algorithms. This will nearly always result in improved correction of chromatic aberration as the adjustment is based on the actual lens (and image sensor) used during capture.
- Adjust the Distortion, Sharpness Falloff, and Light Falloff sliders as necessary.