When enabling the diffraction correction option in the Lens Correction panel, Capture One does not rely on the lens profile but it reads the EXIF metadata in the image file to optimize and apply the deconvolution algorithm instead. If some of that data is missing (when using adapted lenses and manual, mechanical lenses without a data interface), you can add it manually in the Movement tab and still benefit from the diffraction correction feature. Accurate record-keeping is required for the focal length and aperture used at the time of capture.
- Select an image or multiple images (if they were captured with the same focal length and aperture) from the browser.
- Go to the Lens tool tab and select the Lens Correction panel.
- Click on the Movement tab, and manually enter the focal length and the taking aperture.
- Click on the Lens tab and enable the Diffraction Correction with a checkmark to apply the compensation.
- The setting can be saved as a User Preset and applied to multiple images onwards.