You can reset a rotation adjustment without it affecting an orientation (e.g., Left or Right, perpendicular type) adjustment. Rotation adjustments include the automatically applied leveling feature when using a Phase One IQ-series back or manual adjustments using the Angle slider, Straighten or Rotate Freehand cursors.
This resetting of rotation adjustments can be made to vertical (portrait) or horizontal (landscape) oriented images.
- Select the image or images with rotation adjustments applied, including any of those that have also had orientation adjustments made to them.
- Choose from the following:
- In the main menu, select Adjustments -> Rotation -> Rotate Snap (Alt-Cmd/Ctrl-L)
- From the Rotation & Flip tool, click on the action icon (...). The Action menu opens.
- Select Rotate Snap. Images snap back to their original state: landscape or portrait.
You can reset all of the adjustments made to an image using the Rotation & Flip tool's built-in reset feature. When you want to preserve the images’ orientation (i.e., perpendicular Left/Right) adjustments, select Rotate Snap instead.
- Select the image or images with any rotation and flip adjustments applied, including any of those which you have also applied the orientation adjustments to.
- From the Rotation & Flip tool, click on the curved-arrow icon in the tool’s title bar. All of the adjustments made and applied from this tool to the selected images are reset. Select Option-click to temporarily apply the resetting, (e.g., to see the effect before applying permanently).