The mask created when making a selection is displayed as a semi-transparent red color. This default color can be changed from the Preferences.
- In the main menu, go to Capture One -> Preferences (macOS) or Edit -> Preferences (Windows). The Preferences dialog window opens.
- Select the Appearance tab, then click on the Mask Color box under the Layers section. Depending on the OS, a color dialog window opens.
- Select the color from the choices available. The chosen hue will be added to the Mask Color box.
- Close the Preferences window and the mask color will be enabled. There is no need to restart the application.
- If a mask has already been created, click on the Display Mask (M) option in the Layers tool to update the color.
- To return to the default, re-open the Appearance tab and click on the Default button at the bottom of the page. Note that any other changes on that page will also be returned to the default settings.