Capture One Live add-on service is offered as:
- Capture One Live Free Plan: 5 Live Sessions free of charge
- Capture One Live Unlimited Plan: unlimited Live Sessions for a price
How do I get the Capture One Live Free Plan?
- The Free Plan is available to any user who has a Capture One Pro subscription (monthly, annual) or a Capture One Pro perpetual license and updates/upgrades to version 15.1 will be eligible for the free quota of 5 Live Sessions. The free quota is a one-time occurrence, meaning that it is not a recurring monthly quota.
- Any new customer who purchases Capture One Pro subscription (monthly, annual) or a Capture One Pro perpetual license (and activates the latest COP version) will be granted the free quota.
- Any trial user will be granted the free quota of 5 Live Sessions to try out the add-on service as part of the trial period of COP.
How do I upgrade to the Capture One Live Unlimited Plan?
Please follow our guide on how to purchase Capture One Live Unlimited Plan here.
Who is eligible to purchase the Capture One Live Unlimited Plan?
You must be on a Capture One Pro subscription (monthly, annual) or a Capture One Pro perpetual license. The software must be the latest major version available at the moment of purchase.
I have a Capture One 22 license but I can't find Capture One Live.
- First and far most make sure that your desktop application is updated to the latest version - Capture One 22 (15.2.0).
- Capture One Live is available in the toolbar of the default workspace as a Live button.
- If you work on a customized workspace, make sure you add Capture One Live, follow the usual process of customizing the toolbar.
How many Live Sessions can I start at the same time?
- If you are on the Capture One Live Free Plan, you can create up to 5 Live Sessions in total, concurrently or not.
- If you are on the Unlimited Capture One Live Plan, you can start as many Live Sessions as you want. However, we reserve the right to pause the service in case of unfair usage.
Is there a limit on the number of Live Sessions I can have?
- The Free Live Plan allows you to create 5 Live Sessions in total to let you test the service.
- The Unlimited Live Plan allows you to create as many Live Sessions as you want. However, we reserve the right to pause the service in case of unfair usage.
What is the End of support for Capture One Live?
Capture One Live is only supported with the two latest minor releases of Capture One Pro, and therefore we advise you to update your software to the most recent version whenever possible to continue using the service. Unsupported versions might offer a degraded user experience and some features may not work as expected.
What is the End of life for Capture One Live?
Capture One Live has its end-of-life 3 months after the latest major release of Capture One Pro.
I'm on a trial version, is the service available to me to try it out?
Yes, you are allowed to create up to 5 Live Sessions while on a trial version.
Is there a limit to the number of images I can share in one Live Session?
There is no limit to the number of images that you can share, however, we reserve the right to pause the service in case of unfair usage.
How do I know how many sessions I have left?
When you unfold the Capture One Live menu, you will see the pop-up with available sessions.
How secure are my shared images?
Only the reviewers with the exact URL can view the shared images.
Can you put a password on the URL?
Yes, it is possible to protect your Live Session with a password.
How long are my images online?
Starting with Capture One 22 Pro (15.2.0) version there is an option to select the time duration for the session to be shared. The minimum duration is one day, the maximum is two weeks unless you decide to stop sharing.
How do I add watermarks to my images?
To add a watermark to your shared images, simply go to the Exporter and add a watermark to one of your Export Recipes. Don't export your images, but make sure that the recipe is selected before you close the Export dialog. Then enable View > Recipe Proofing.
Read more about how to add a watermark in this article.
Can I share a Session or a Catalog?
You can share photos organized in both.
- If you want to share photos organized in a Catalog, make sure that you have created an Album.
- If you want to share photos from within a Session, both Folders and Albums are supported.
Note: Smart Albums are not supported.
Can I have different ratings per reviewer?
It is possible for all reviewers to star rate and color tag the images, however, they will overwrite each other.
Is it possible to add comments to the images shared in a Live Session?
No, it is currently not possible to add comments. However, we're working towards enabling this functionality.
I am an enterprise/multiuser license. How can I get the Capture One Live addon?
- Enterprise and multi-user license holders will be able to try the free version of Capture One Live.
- Enterprise and multi-user license holders will not be able to purchase the Capture One Live subscription plan from the captureone.com webstore.
- Enterprise and multi-user license holders should contact a sales representative to purchase access to the service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I have the branded version of Capture One. How can I purchase the Capture One Live add-on?
Please contact our support team and create a support case - captureone.com/support
How do I unsubscribe?
You can deactivate your subscription to Capture One Live Unlimited Plan within Licence Management. All you need to do is to go under the license that Capture One Live is assigned to and press Deactivate button.
Also, you can cancel your subscription through the FastSpring:
Note: Once you terminate a subscription, you lose the ability to create new Live Sessions immediately from that moment. The already active Live Sessions will wait until they expire.