Despite its severe limitations and most likely never having worked as it's supposed to, the keystone tool appears to have gone more or less unchanged for ten years (see this post). So it should be about time for an update.
This is an attempt to summarize in one place the requested features for a new, or at least thoroughly improved, keystone tool.
1) Independent horizontal and vertical adjustment points (four independent lines, rather than four lines locked in a four-sided figure; eight adjustment points in all). (See this, this, this and this.)
2) The option to only place three lines (six adjustment points). This would be useful in a cases where one of the axes only has one line you can use for alignment. (See this topic)
3) Retain adjustment point positions after the application is closed (see this).
4) The visibility of lines and adjustment points has been improved in version 14.1.0. Unfortunately this was done by making the lines so thick that they're now difficult to place correctly as they block out what you try to align them to. Please bring back the previous thickness and make the colour adjustable instead. (See this topic also.)
6) Loupe showing the exact position of adjustment points while you drag and place them.
7) Auto-keystone correction. (This feature isn't of any importance to me, but other users ask for it.)
Please sign in to leave a comment.